1984 Ing_eniero Civil Matem_atico, Escuela de Ingenier_a, Universidad de Chile.
1989 PHD Applied Mathematics.Universite de Pau, France
1995 Habilitation (HDR): Optimization and its applications to Economics. France.
- Departamento Ingeniera Matematica,Santiago,Chile.
- Vice-Director Centre for Mathematical Modelling. Universidad de Chile (from 2000 up today) and Director during 2005.
- Member Presidential commission on Nuclear Energy (2007)
- Advisor Chilean Ministry of energy (2008-2009)
- Professor Universite Paris 1-Sorbonne and U.California,Davis(Previously)
Bagh, Adib; Jofre, Alejandro. Weak reciprocally upper-semicontinuity and better reply secure games: A comment. Econometrica, Vol. 74 Issue 6 (2006), 1715-1721.
J. Escobar and A. Jofre. Monopolistic Competition in Electricity Markets with Resistant Losses. To appear in Economic Theory.
Florenzano, Monique.; Gourdel, Pascal; Jofre, Alejandro. Decentralizing weak Pareto Optimal allocations in in_nite dimensional nonconvex economies. Economic Theory, 29 (2006) pp. 549-564.
A time-embedded approach to economic equilibrium with incomplete financial markets (with R.T. Rockafellar and R. Wets). To appear in Advances in Mathematical Economics (2010).
Bonnisseau, J. M.; Florig, M.; Jofre, Alejandro. Continuity and uniqueness of equilibria for linear exchange economies.J. Optim. Theory Appl. 109 (2001), no. 2, 237-263.